Full-time; posted: Wednesday, Sep 27 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator supports achieving revenue goals through fund development activities. The position will have an emphasis on developing, advancing, and managing external fundraising functions. Key responsibilities include planning and analyzing cost-effective events/partnerships, meeting revenue goals, forming relationships with and soliciting sponsors, donors, volunteers, community groups, service organizations. Responsibilities also include accurately and continually updating donor information, as well as analyzing donor activity in order to create and enhance relationships with existing and new donors/supporters. Full Time, Mondays-Fridays, with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Coordinate the planning and production of fundraising activities; includes meeting budget expectations, securing sponsors, participants; planning and coordinating aspects of event logistics and detail to achieve desired outcomes, tracking, and reporting.
- Assist with expanding our donor and volunteer base to build on the success of our endeavors for the purpose of enhancing fundraising and other income generating activities.
- Conduct research as needed for individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects utilizing internet and other strategies to gather pertinent information.
- Responsible for mailing projects and sharing community event details with past participants, prospects, and others through our communication channels.
- Maintain donor database ensuring accurate input and complete records; campaigns, pledges and appeals; gift entry; timely acknowledgement generation; production of ongoing and year-to-year donation comparison reports.
- Supports the department and overall organization by conducting business ethically, confidentially and with integrity; demonstrates respect for donors/supporters at all levels - committee members, volunteers, community supporters, the people we serve, and fellow colleagues.
- Supervise in-house project volunteers and event volunteers.
- Identity and secure new corporate and individual partnerships with a focus on building relationships which will encourage giving and support of our fundraising efforts. This should generate monetary and in-kind donations from the community and staff in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Recruit individuals, groups and businesses to organize/create income generating activities utilizing their own support team to benefit Easterseals (as approved by the Director of Development).
- Process and record income and collect pledge commitments through invoicing and follow-up.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned or requested in accordance with department and organization policies and procedures.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, high degree of organization, flexible, highly motivated, positive attitude, and has a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and ethical gathering of information and processing of all sensitive donor information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences and personalities; provide excellent customer service.
- Strong research skills – sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and database management systems.
- Ability to thrive and work well independently – as well as collaboratively – to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, utilize good judgment and decision-making skills; work effectively under frequent deadlines, handle multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision, work as part of a team, and demonstrate flexibility in accepting and carrying out assignments (which may include some evenings or weekends).
- Must have valid driver’s license, willing to travel within our territory.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.