Community Inclusion Specialist, Part Time, 27.5 Hours/Week
Part-time; posted: Monday, Oct 16 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
122 Avenue of Industry
This position is Part Time 27.5 hours/wk, Monday through Friday 9:30AM to 3:00PM
Easterseals’ mission is to change the way the world defines and views disabilities by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day. Easterseals endeavors to offer services and programs that assist and empower those with disability related needs. We serve children and adults with disabilities as well as their families and caregivers. Our staff work with individuals to help them overcome challenges, achieve personal goals and live to their fullest potential.
Under the supervision of the Manager our Community Inclusion Specialists are primary implementers of our organization’s services, working on the front lines in our communities. As our professional representatives in the field, we view their roles as particularly critical to the overall success of the programs we provide.
- Works directly with our consumers in a variety of employment settings and/or program models designed to address their individual program needs and life goals.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation of individualized treatment plan goals, teaching strategies, and reporting assignments.
- Represents Easterseals with our community partners in promoting our collaborations with stakeholders, employers and community organizations.
- Actively participates as a member of interdisciplinary treatment teams for all assigned individuals.
- Establishes, develops and maintains respectful relationships with individuals served, and facilitate functional training in vocational, domestic, recreational, leisure and community settings.
- Provides on-site employment and life skills training. Maintains on-site support to consumers and serves in a liaison role with employers.
- Assists individuals in making personal choices and accessing community activities.
- Develops and expand community opportunities/relationships for our consumers that provide opportunities for increased independence.
- Assists individuals in accessing public and/or generic transportation (native supports); provides transportation as assigned.
- Assists with personal care such as eating, toileting and dressing as prescribed, based on the needs of the individuals served.
- Successfully completes all professional development and training requirements as identified by the vocational program, and by our organization.
- Teaches and enforces safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Displays and upholds Easter Seals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience strongly preferred.