Community Inclusion Specialist, Part Time
Part-time; posted: Tuesday, Aug 8 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
122 Avenue of Industry
Waterbury, Connecticut 06705
- Works directly with our consumers in a variety of employment settings and/or program models designed to address their individual program needs and life goals.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation of individualized treatment plan goals, teaching strategies, and reporting assignments.
- In applicable programs, creates and directs daily activities and special project plans.
- Represents Easterseals with our community partners in promoting our collaborations with stakeholders, employers and community organizations.
- Actively participates as a member of interdisciplinary treatment teams for all assigned individuals.
- Establishes, develops and maintains respectful relationships with individuals served, and facilitate functional training in vocational, domestic, recreational, leisure and community settings.
- Provides on-site employment and life skills training. Maintains on-site support to consumers and serves in a liaison role with employers.
- Assists individuals in making personal choices and accessing community activities.
- Develops and expand community opportunities/relationships for our consumers that provide opportunities for increased independence.
- Assists individuals in accessing and using public and/or generic transportation (native supports); provides transportation as assigned.
- Assists with personal care such as eating, toileting and dressing as prescribed, based on the needs of the individuals served.
- Successfully completes all professional development and training requirements as identified by the vocational program, and by our organization.
- Teaches and enforce safety practices.
- Monitors performance of first and/or second shift consumer workers at jobsites by identifying/recommending training needs to department managers.
- Monitors department wide transportation schedules as outlined by department managers
- Monitors length of consumer’s program day requirements.
- Assists in planning and restructuring of building assignments as requested.
- Conducts worksite visits to ensure that contract standards are being met.
- Communicates with facility managers and/or building liaisons assigned by department managers to ensure building contract requirements are met.
- Trains ES consumer workers at their respective work locations to meet building contract specifications, and documents same.
- Provides training to Community Inclusion Specialists and consumers in cleaning techniques and contract specifications.
- May be required to intervene in crisis situations to include crisis management of client behaviors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record.
- Critical thinking skills; able to make sound judgement decisions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Associates Degree required or substitution of 5 years ES Vocational Center experience. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience required.