Behavioral Therapist, Full Time, 35 Hours/Week
Full-time; posted: Friday, Oct 6 2017
Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Send resume to:
Bucks Hill School
The Behavior Therapist works under the direction of the Board Certified Behavior Analyst or other classroom personnel providing services to student with disabilities relating to instruction and behavioral plans. The Behavior Therapist is responsible for working with students ages Pre-K to grade 5 in the classroom setting, maintaining and monitoring students to generalize skills in an inclusive setting.
- Provides classroom support and instruction for students with disabilities including autism and behavior disorders.
- Follows students’ instructional and behavior plans and provides support and services in accordance with the plan.
- Maintains and collects appropriate data in regards to the plans.
- May attend and participate PPT meetings.
- Works closely with the Board Certified Behavior Analyst, classroom teachers and staff to provide direct services to students seeking out supervision and direction as needed.
- Creates and implements behavior and academic lesson plans in collaboration with certified staff.
- Follows all policies, procedures and protocols as it relates to behavior de-escalation techniques, restraint and seclusion.
- Demonstrates flexibility and a collegial and collaborative attitude with co-workers and school staff.
- Creates and maintains all necessary documentation and reports in the required format for the successful implementation of behavioral services.
- Experience with ABA theory and practice preferably in an educational setting
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities including those with autism or behavior disorders
- Perform other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Behavior Therapy, Special Education, Education or related Human Service Field required.
Experience with ABA theory and practice preferably in an educational setting required.
Experience working with individuals with disabilities including those with autism or behavior disorders required.