Youth Development Coordinators assist young adults who have been in foster care, to make the difficult transition into independent, adult living. Youths determine what their goals are and the Coordinators help them take the many steps necessary to find living arrangements, gain employment, or be accepted in post-secondary education. For many young adults, finishing high school and finding transportation are important achievements. Our coordinators are highly experienced, resourceful, and valuable to the youths, ages 15 to 22, who receive their assistance.
· Advocacy for youth and families to assist them in preparing for their futures
· Focus on enrichment, normalcy, relationships
· Encouraging and supporting employment and secondary education
· Support youth to build natural networks of supports
· Refer youth to community resources
· Help youth apply for healthcare