Featured author, Monique Johnson
We've connected with Monique Johnson, a professional speaker and author motiving other disabled women and young adults with her powerful words. Stay tuned to this space for an interview with Monique!
In the meantime, check out our new GoodReads group to browse our recommended reads, start a discussion, and more!
How to Join
1. Visit the website for the latest book pick or the latest topic, which is mentioned above.
2. Keep checking back here for author Q&As, videos, further reading, and more! You can also stay in the loop and join our official GoodReads group.
3. Follow @ability2thrive and tweet your thoughts to us with the hashtag #ThriveBooks. Make sure to track the #ThriveBooks tag to see what other people are saying about featured topics and literature!
4. The discussion is open at all times! Tweet, chat with your friends, blog about it - your level of engagement is up to you.
Book Club FAQs
Q: Is there a set time and place to meet up?
A: Some months we may host a Twitter chat to go along with what's featured, but there is no set time for the club. The conversation is always open, and you can post and tweet whenever you like.
Q: Is it free?
Q: How do you choose which books to read or topics to cover?
A: We pick books we've enjoyed that have disability content within (any genre). Book recommendations are welcome - so if you've read something you want to see featured here, let us know!
Q: I have a disability, and wrote a book. How can you feature my work?
A: Please get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Thrive Book Club
- Thrive Spotify Playlist
- Follow Thrive on Instagram
- Article: Don't Label Me "Undateable"
- Job Search and First Interview Tips
- Disability and College