Easterseals military and veterans services is the “go to” resource for veterans, military families, employers, and organizations that want veterans to reach their potential and participate fully in their communities. We are the number one service provider for people in need, serving 1.6 million people annually, about 10% of who have been touched by military service. In fact, Easterseals itself has been serving all generations of veterans since World War II.
- Nearly 165,000 veterans and military families served in 2013
- 25,000 veterans and family members reached via Easterseals caregiver training
Since 2010, we have been working to break down barriers for veterans and military families, partnering with existing community-based services to assist veterans in accessing support for meaningful employment, education and health and wellness.
- 25,000 employers and 100+ labor organizations recruiting, training and supporting veterans and military families
- 500 health and human service providers offering improved outreach, care and services
- 275 educators and academic institutions engaged, resulting in the development of veterans-centric research projects and curriculum
- 5,600 local organizations consolidating and coordinating support in 560 local communities
- 75,200 veterans and family members reached through community health and wellness programs/services
- 700,000 veterans and their families employed as a result of Easterseals networking
The 73 Easterseals affiliates serve 550 community-based service sites in every state across America with the following direct services:
- 250 medical rehabilitation programs
- 172 child care and children’s programs
- 150 workforce development programs
- 104 residential housing programs
- 149 adult and senior service programs
- 134 camping, recreation and respite programs
- 51 assistive technology programs
Find an Easterseals in your area to learn what services are available to you or how you can support our programs.