Join Our Team!
Are you interested in joining the Easter Seals Northern Ohio team and making a real difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities in our community? With offices in Milan, Broadview Heights, Elyria, Fremont, Toledo, Medina, Lakewood, and Akron, we are always looking for energetic and responsible caring people to join our team. Some of the jobs we most often recruit for are:
Easterseals Northern Ohio CEO
Proudly celebrating 100 years of impact across the country, Easterseals helps individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives. Easterseals offers a variety of services to help people address life's challenges and achieve personal goals. In Northern Ohio, we offer pediatric, adult and senior care through our speech therapy, adult day services, home care, HOME Choice, vocational and camping programs.
The Chief Executive Officer, reporting to the Easterseals Northern Ohio Board of Directors, serves as the primary spokesperson and provides leadership in implementing the strategic, programmatic, financial, administrative operations, and fundraising strategies of the local chapter.
Organization and Mission Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Defines the strategic business direction in annual plans, strategies, goals, and budgets to ensure that Easterseals can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Easterseals' image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Serve as ESNO's spokesperson for community-wide stakeholders and media.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Along with VP of Finance, responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and month financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal management including operating with the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Administrative Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the organization has sufficient human resources, support and organizational structure.
- Provide oversight and manage efficient operation of the agency including human resources, marketing, technology and facilities.
- Supervise, coach and develop staff as needed to ensure client and organization goals are met.
- Create and nurture a culture that attracts and retains high-quality staff.
- Communicates and ensures appropriate employment policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight to ensure strategic program development, delivery and achievement of quality programming for individuals and families.
- Provide oversight to ensure the organization is in compliance with Medicaid and other government and safety regulations.
Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization Mission.
- Actively participates in th e recruitment, orientation and development of Board members individually and collectively.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors and VP of Annual Giving, develop and implement fundraising strategies for the organization.
- Represent the organization and develop and maintain relationships with individual donors, funders and leaders in the business community.
- Provide oversight and participate in planning of annual fundraising events.
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL QUALIFILCATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, communication or related or otherwise appropriate field; advanced degree preferred. A sound knowledge of human resource management is also required.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- 5 or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Solid, hands on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Demonstrated success in resource development in capital and operations revenues in the range of $1,000,000 or above.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of Easterseals Northern Ohio's strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with add motivate Board members and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Experience in public policy, program development and program management.
- Demonstrated success in leading people and aligning an organization around a shared vision.
- Demonstrated success in strategic and financial planning, and positioning the organization in the marketplace to achieve its goals.
- Awareness of and/or sensitivity to the disability issues and implications for the individual and the community, the mission and membership requirements of the national organization, and how to assess community needs.
Salary: $75,000-$100,000, depending on experience
Apply to: Easterseals Northern Ohio, CEO Search Committee at email@example.com
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Home Health Aides (STNA required)
We hire STNAs for homecare services for seniors and individuals with disabilities. Applicants must be mature, professional, have excellent communication skills, and be dependable. Must also be able to pass a criminal background check, have high school diploma or GED, and be a state tested nursing assistant. If you enjoy working with the elderly and take great pride in your work please complete this printable application and fax to Lisa Beckler at 440.324.6602.
We hire providers to work one on one with children and adults with disabilities in the Brunswick and Medina area. Do you want to provide companionship with friendly conversation? Are you passionate about allowing the elderly and disabled to enjoy life to the fullest? Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check, have first aid/CPR certification, high school diploma or GED, Ohio driver's license and auto insurance.
How to apply for these jobs:
Please complete this printable application and fax to Lisa Beckler at 440.324.6602.
Make a difference in a child’s world
- We are looking for a State and ODE licensed SLP for a school in Elyria one morning a week. The caseload includes Kindergarteners and first graders.
For more information about this position contact Susan Powers, VP Children’s Services 440-838-0990 x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have hourly school positions available in Cuyahoga County and Summit County. We are looking for energetic and creative SLPs to add to our team and provide services to school age children. This opportunity can be part time or full time. State license, CCC and ODE license required. For more information contact Susan Powers at email@example.com.
•Direct Service Professional
We are looking for passionate people that have a desire to help others and have fun at work. This position will help individuals in the program learn new skills, complete activities of daily living, go out into the community, and other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).Current Driver's License AND eligible to meet driving insurability standards
We offer our employees, a benefit package, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, Training and career development, A fun and warm work environment, and a supportive administrative team. Application can be made here.