5 Secrets to Quit Smoking
Are you ready to quit? These five tips can help you on the path to success:
- It's never too late to quit. While it's best to quit smoking as early as possible, quitting smoking at any age will enhance the length and quality of your life. You'll also save money and avoid the hassle of going outside in the cold to smoke. You can even inspire those around you to quit smoking!
- Learn from past experiences. Most smokers have tried to quit before and sometimes people get discouraged thinking about previous attempts. Instead, treat those experiences as steps on the road to future success. Think about what helped you during those tries and what you'll do differently in your next quit attempt.
- You don't have to quit alone. Telling friends and family that you're trying to quit and enlisting their support will help ease the process. Friends who also smoke may even join you in trying to quit!
- Medication can help, if you know what to do. The seven FDA-approved medications (like nicotine patches or gum) really do help smokers quit. Many folks don't use them correctly or don't use them long enough, so be sure to follow the directions.
- Every smoker can quit. Each person needs to find the right combination of techniques for them and above all, they need to keep trying.
Inspired? Ready to quit? Stop Smoking Now!