Family Support Program
At Easterseals Arc, we see the whole family and recognize that support needs to be provided to all members to be most successful.
For individuals who live with their families, the Family Supports Program provides resources and support to their families and caregivers. Services include:
- Parents Taking Action, a peer mentorship program for families that have a child with autism or another developmental disability
- Specialized trainings on topics such as specific diagnoses, behavior management, nutrition, financial management, and future planning
- Classes on how caregivers and family members can take care of themselves
- Support groups
For more information, contact Ashley Gettys at email@example.com or 260.456.4534 ext. 279.
Taking Care of the Caregiver
Our 4-week workshop will explore the importance of taking care of the caregiver physically, mentally, and spiritually. This workshop will be interactive, with questions and discussion welcome and encouraged.
Session 1, Aug. 24: Tell Your Story
- Carol Lewark will share her story of more than 45 years as a professional and personal caregiver.
- Staff and workshop participants will get to know each other and shape future sessions.
Session 2, Aug. 31: The Effects of Caregiving
- Toni Printzos and Pat Bailey, behavior consultants, will discuss the mental toll of caregiving
- Victoria Fox, registered nurse with Epic Health Services, will discuss the physical toll of caregiving
Session 3, Sept. 7: Advocating for Your Loved One
- Kayla Bauman, nurse practitioner with Parkview Physicians Group, will discuss advocating for your child in the healthcare system
- A case manager will discuss how to advocate for your child with service providers
Session 4, Sept. 14: Parent Q & A
- A panel of Easterseals Arc family members will answer questions, share their experiences and offer advice
- When: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, August 24 and 31 and September 7 and 14
- Where: Easterseals Arc, 4919 Coldwater Road, Surack Boardroom
- Reserve a seat: Registration deadline is Aug. 21. Contact Ashley Gettys at 260.456.4534 ext. 279 or firstname.lastname@example.org