Family Support Program
At Easterseals Arc, we see the whole family and recognize that support needs to be provided to all members to be most successful.
For individuals who live with their families, the Family Supports Program provides resources and support to their families and caregivers. Services include:
- Parents Taking Action, a peer mentorship program for families that have a child with autism or another developmental disability
- Specialized trainings on topics such as specific diagnoses, behavior management, nutrition, financial management, and future planning
- Classes on how caregivers and family members can take care of themselves
- Support groups
For more information, contact Ashley Gettys at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260.456.4534 ext. 279.
Taking Care of the Caregiver
Our 4-week workshop will explore the importance of taking care of the caregiver physically, mentally, and spiritually. This workshop will be interactive, with questions and discussion welcome and encouraged.
- We will hear the stories of caregivers, and examine the joys and rewards, as well as the hard work, of caregiving.
- Our nursing staff will help us examine how caregiving affects our well-being and share steps we can take toward a healthier body, mind and spirit.
- We will learn together how important our job is in effectively communicating, especially when we find ourselves planning our loved one’s care or at the doctor’s office, when we need important medical questions answered.
Our organization is blessed to have families that we have served for many years. Some of these family members will join us to share their stories as caregivers who have learned to live life at the fullest, while continuing as loving caregivers.
- When: 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, August 24 and 31 and September 7 and 14
- Where: Easterseals Arc, 4919 Coldwater Road, Surack Boardroom
- Reserve a seat: Contact Ashley Gettys at 260.456.4534 ext. 279 or email@example.com