This free three-month, three-session series will focus on topics that will help enrich your family as a whole. Each session will begin with a family style meal for everyone. After the meal, children (even adult children) will go to a separate area with Easterseals Arc staff, while parents stay to listen to the topic for that evening.
Why Should You Attend?
The Family Café will help you:
- Get ideas for managing the challenges of parenting a child with special needs
- Build friendships and get support from other parents – while getting a little break!
- Grow into a stronger and more flexible parent/caregiver
Who Can Attend?
All families and family members of an individual with a disability are welcome. The individual does not have to be a participant of Easterseals Arc, and a Medicaid waiver is not necessary.
What Topics Will be Covered?
Taking Care of the Caregiver– That’s YOU!
- Explore the joys, rewards, and hard work of caregiving
- Examine how caregiving affects our well-being and share steps on how to have healthier mind and body
- How to advocate in the medical world for our loved one(s)
- Cost: Free, with dinner included
- Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, August 22, September 26, and October 24
- Location: Easterseals Arc , Surack Boardroom, 4919 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
- Registration: Please registier in advance by contacting Karin Brock at 260.456.4534 ext. 290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: August 7, 2018