Careers at Easter Seals
Interested in Working for Easterseals?
All current job opportunities may not be available online; contact us for more information. If you don't find a position of interest, please visit again -- listings are updated often.
Complete our application for employment opportunities.
Connect with other employers seeking candidates with disabilities
Easterseals has partnered with GettingHired.com, an online resource that connects people with disabilities to employers in search of qualified jobseekers with disabilities. Visit GettingHired.com to open your door to opportunity!
F/T Family Service Coordinator Position Available
Daytona Beach, FL
JOB SUMMARY: The Family Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the timely implementation of the Individual Family Service Plan. This includes activities that promote and support the IFSP team’s capacities and competencies to identify, obtain, coordinate, refer, monitor, and evaluate resources and services to meet the family’s needs. The activities carried out by a service coordinator to assist and enable a child eligible for IDEA, Part C and the child’s family to receive the rights, procedural safeguards, and services that are authorized to be provided under Early Steps.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide ongoing service coordination for eligible children, interviewing families to obtain information on family dynamics that influence intervention and treatment.
- Assist in determining program eligibility.
- Participate on multidisciplinary teams.
- Collaborate with families by developing extensive Individual Family Support Plans (IFSP).
- Communicate IFSP recommendations to other professionals and team members involved in the IFSP and coordinate IFSP reviews and updates as deemed necessary.
- Provided follow-up reminders to promote and facilitate clinic visits.
- Coordinate with the Department of Education on all children transitioning from Part C/Early Steps program to Part B/Department of Education.
- Maintain billing practices for targeted case management services.
- Make referrals to community agencies and providers for services recommended on IFSP.
- Maintain patient files and ensure compliance with grant specification for documentation.
- Travel to families' homes or locations where client may receive services in order to complete the intake, initial IFSP and IFSP updates.
- Preserves the integrity and confidentiality of protected health information of Easter Seals clients.
- Understands, acknowledges, and implements Easter Seals privacy policies involving the disclosure of protected health information of Easter Seals clients.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Health Education, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or Human Service Related Field.
One year of professional experience with young children and families in teaching, case management or counseling role or with individuals with specials needs and./or developmental delays of any age in a case management role.
LICENSE: Valid Florida Driver’s License for county-wide travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Current knowledge of HIPPA laws and organization policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws.
- Extensive knowledge of various syndromes, including genetic and metabolic disorders which may result in possible delays or disabilities.
- Knowledge of guidelines transitioning children from the Early Steps program to the Department of Education
- Knowledge of third party insurance to access special equipment, therapy and nursing services
- Knowledge of community and statewide resources
- Skills in case management of children's services
- Skills in completing case plans and completing required paperwork correctly and timely
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to self-development
- Ability to travel for necessary training and to complete client home visits
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet the needs of clients
- Obtain and demonstrate a working knowledge of approved behavior management principles and techniques.
- Acts in accordance with the Easter Seals behavioral expectations, mission, vision and values.
- Able to receive oral communication via phone and in person.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- Able to lift and carry children weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to see clearly and close.
USE OF TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Able to operate copier and computer equipment.
- Willingness to work additional hours, including coverage for vacations, special events, annual meetings, increase activity, or another employee’s time off.
- Employees are required to work in a drug-free workplace.
- Employees are required to work in a smoke-free workplace.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
We offer health, dental, life, vision, short and long term disability insurance, 6 paid holidays, paid time off and a 401K with an employer match.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring American Sign Language interpreters on a contract basis to serve Volusia and Flagler Counties
Please direct inquiries or submit resume to: MBucalos@esnecfl.org
Video phone: 386-310-1157