Careers at Easter Seals
Interested in Working for Easterseals?
All current job opportunities may not be available online; contact us for more information. If you don't find a position of interest, please visit again -- listings are updated often.
Complete our application for employment opportunities.
Connect with other employers seeking candidates with disabilities
Easterseals has partnered with GettingHired.com, an online resource that connects people with disabilities to employers in search of qualified jobseekers with disabilities. Visit GettingHired.com to open your door to opportunity!
DEAF ADVOCATE CASE MANAGER
This position is part-time (25 hrs. /week) but could be full-time depending on experience of applicant.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides general and administrative support for
the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Advocacy Program to include intake, education, information and referral and interaction with other community partner staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Welcomes Easterseals clients, provides direction and assistance as needed or is required by policy
- Responsible for daily functions of Deaf and Hard of Hearing case management and special needs activities
- Provides information and referral services related to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services and ensures that activities are documented
- Completes weekly, monthly and annual reports meeting all deadlines
- Prepares reports (i.e. Quality Monitoring, SLI, Scorecards, County (CFAB) demographics, client satisfaction) regularly and within required timeframes
- Manages customer service satisfaction survey process to ensure regularly and timely evaluation of customer service. Actively seeks to improve customer service
- Implements all policies and procedures to ensure maximized reimbursement and adherence to all state, federal, local, and contractual requirements
- Preserves the integrity and confidentiality of protected health information of Easter Seals clients
- Understands, acknowledges, and implements Easter Seals privacy policies involving the disclosure of protected health information of Easter Seals clients
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment
- Completes other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required
- Proficient in American Sign Language
- Previous ASL Interpreter experience preferred
- Familiarity with health insurance benefits preferred
Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to operate a TTY and video phone (with appropriate instruction)
- Detailed oriented and focused on accuracy
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Acts in accordance with the Easter Seals behavioral expectations, mission, vision and
- Able to express or exchange ideas by spoken word and in written communication
- Able to receive oral communication via phone and in person
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- See and hear clearly in order to provide a safe environment
- Local travel required
- Employees are required to work in a drug-free workplace
- Employees are required to work in a smoke-free workplace
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Bucalos, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org