Parent Training is not just about teaching your child new skills, but about teaching you how to best understand your child and the nature of their disability. We provide support and issue-specific behavior training for families. Our two-week intensive Parent Training program integrates group instruction, individual sessions, and guided observation.
Our staff members use Applied Behavior Analysis to help parents learn:
• How to manage your child's most challenging behaviors
• How to tailor daily therapeutic activities so your child develops and reaches their goals
• How to effectively communicate with your child everyday
• How to manage the stress that autism puts on your family
Expect to set and reach goals you never dreamed possible! Our two-week, personalized course is a lot of hard work, but it is worth it. Daily, you and your child will participate in a variety of activities, including:
• Attending classes and seminars about autism
• Addressing your child's behavioral challenges
• Participating in therapeutic, hands-on sessions with your child
• Working with professionals to evaluate and improve your interaction with your child
• Taking "before and after" measurements of your child's improvement
• Watching your child grow and change in significant and exciting ways
Thanks to the support of our generous donors, we currently offer this program for *Free.
*There is a $50 deposit that will be returned at the end of the program.
We offer family support for any person with autism at their home. These sessions with a training specialist may include:
This workshop is for immediate and extended family, friends, and caretakers.
Participants will gain a basic knowledge of autism and learn helpful strategies that will enable them to best support their family member or friend.
We offer Parent Training across the regions we serve. To learn more about these training sessions, please contact your regional office:
For a full list of our locations, please visit our Locations page.