New Frontiers Employment Services
Community employment enriches lives of individuals with disabilities.
New Frontiers is the job placement program of Easterseals Posey County (formerly Posey County Rehabilitation Services), a division of the Easterseals Rehabilitation Center.
New Frontiers assists adults with disabilities to prepare for, obtain and retain competitive employment. Serving individuals in Vanderburgh, Posey, Gibson and Warrick counties, New Frontiers partners with Vocational Rehabilitation, The Bureau of Developmental Disabilities, Waiver Case Managers, and the Social Security Administration to help individuals achieve their goals for community employment.
Services provided by New Frontiers include:
- Development of an individualized plan (with client input) for community employment defining vocational goals and supports/services necessary to attain that goal
- Assistance in identifying any obstacles to employment and providing referrals to maximize success
- Benefits Analysis conducted by a certified specialist to help the client understand how their benefits would be impacted by going to work
- Pre-employment instruction in areas such as:
1. Personal Appearance
2. Punctuality and Attendance
3. Job Skills Assessment
4. Occupational Interests
5. Resume Preparation
6. Job Application Completion
7. Interview Preparation
8. Accessing Community Resources
- Job Development
1. Job Search Skills
2. Referral to Work Keys Assessment
- Job Placement
1. On- Site Job Training Assistance
2. On-Site Job Analysis
3. Development of On Site “Natural Supports”
4. Advocate Between Client and Employer
5. Necessary support to ensure job retention and mutual satisfaction in the workplace.
New Frontiers also serves SSI and SSDI recipients who want to know how working affects their benefits. Anyone who has received a Ticket to Work from the Social Security Administration can contact our office for assistance.
To learn more about New Frontiers Employment Services, contact Ashton MacCauley, Employment Services Case Manager, by visiting our “Contact Us” page or by calling 812-838-0636. Click here to download a New Frontiers brochure in pdf format.
Easterseals Posey County also operates Horizon Industries, offering facility based employment, and Residential Services, providing supervised group home living for adults with disabilities.
Notice to the public of rights under Title VI
Aviso público de los derechos del Titulo VI