Tampa - Substitute Preschool Teaching Staff
; posted: Wednesday, Nov 22 2017
Send resume to:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your browser) to complete the application.
Do you have a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs? Easterseals Florida is looking for highly motivated, energetic, talented and committed individuals to join our team on an on-call basis as Substitute Preschool Assistant Teachers for our programs in Tampa, Plant City and Ruskin! Our substitutes will fill in when our Preschool Teachers or Assistant Teachers are out due to vacations or unexpected absence. You may know ahead of time when you are needed, or you may be called at a moment’s notice. The hours for substitutes will vary, so these positions are ideal for individuals currently with other part-time positions, college students, or those wanting to work on a limited basis.
Our substitute positions require interacting with children (from birth to age three) and their families. You must be comfortable with diapering, feeding and getting on the floor to play with the children. The substitutes will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary environment to allow the children in our programs to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively and professionally with the Teachers in the classrooms, as well as other program staff, to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive classroom environment that supports individualized learning based on children's needs and interests
- Assist the Teachers in providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Forming trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Assist with preparing and implementing lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Assist with implementing the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
What we value:
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to meet our approved driver requirements to be able to drive to required training programs
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.