Tampa - Head Start Teacher
; posted: Monday, Oct 2 2017
Send resume to:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your browser) to complete the application.
Who we are:
Easterseals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
We are seeking a professional Head Start Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs. The Head Start Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively and professionally with all program staff to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive environment supporting learning and development based on each child’s needs and interests
- Providing individualized attention to the children to enhance their learning and development
- Forming trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging the involvement of families
- Prepare and implement lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Implement the developmental assessment for each child
- Expand the children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role modeling of desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
What we value:
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education; or Bachelor’s degree or higher and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education and at least one year of experience with teaching pre-school-age children.
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Easterseals Florida is a Drug Free Workplace.