Ruskin - Preschool Teacher
; posted: Monday, Oct 2 2017
Send resume to:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your browser) to complete the application.
Who we are:
Easterseals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
We are seeking a professional Preschool Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators in making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and special needs in our Teen Parent Programs. This is a 10-month school year position, with summers off, in coordination with the Hillsborough County School schedule.
The Preschool Teacher will provide a positive, safe, stimulating and inclusionary learning environment to allow the children to grow and develop to their fullest potential. The Preschool Teacher will float not only between classrooms in the center, but will also travel to all our centers in Tampa, Plant City, and Ruskin as required for coverage.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively and professionally with all program staff to maintain and support a positive, nurturing, safe, healthy, and inclusive environment supporting learning and development based on each child’s needs and interests
- Form trusting professional relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment and encouraging family involvement
- Prepare and implement lesson plans based on each child's assessments
- Implement developmental assessments for each child
- Expand children's learning and understanding by providing language development opportunities and role model desirable behavior and interactions to increase social-emotional development
- Demonstrate high standards of personal integrity and maintain professional boundaries with clients and staff
- Travel and provide coverage to our centers in Tampa, Plant City, and Ruskin
What we value:
- An energetic, engaging, creative, and professional individual who is passionate about working with children with disabilities and special needs and seeing them achieve their developmental milestones
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Successful completion of the Florida Department of Children & Families 45 hour Child Care Training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Ability to meet our approved driver requirements to be able to drive to the centers
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.