Palm Bay - Employment Consultant
; posted: Wednesday, Sep 20 2017
Send resume to:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your browser) to complete the application.
Who we are:
Easterseals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we’re looking for:
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities! Then come join our compassionate team of professionals at Easterseals Florida in the Employment Consultant position in Palm Bay. We are seeking an energetic, positive individual who is passionate about helping adults with disabilities gain independence through job readiness training and employment opportunities. The Employment Consultant provides vocational counseling, employability and skills training, job development, job placement and job coaching. This is a full-time position at 35 hours per week, where your impact will empower independence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and assess program candidates through screening process to determine barriers and appropriate placements
- Establish trusting relationships with, and provide employment training for, adults with disabilities. Employment training will include job readiness skills, on-the-job support, coaching and job retention skills to ensure achievement of employment outcomes
- Network and form professional and trusting relationships with community employers to facilitate employment opportunities for clients
- Perform situational assessments of all potential positions to determine suitable job matches
- Complete required documentation accurately and timely and ensure compliance with all regulatory, contract and accrediting agencies
- Achieve, at a minimum, the vocational services department’s budgeted goals.
What we value:
- Four (4) years of experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities; or
- A bachelor's degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and one years' experience as described above; or
- A Master's degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources or economics and six (6) months' experience as described above; or
- An Associate's degree, or a Bachelor's or Master's degree in an unrelated field and two years' experience as described above.
- Training in supported employment is a plus
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive your personal vehicle for program related business
- Due to the need to drive for the organization to complete job functions, you must be at least 21 years old
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates are subject to all required background checks & drug testing procedures in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act.