Palm Bay - Activities Trainer
; posted: Wednesday, Sep 27 2017
Send resume to:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into your browser) to complete the application.
Who we are:
Easterseals Florida provides services daily that make a profound, positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families. We believe in the potential of each individual's ability to live, work, learn and play in their own communities.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic individual to work as an Activities Trainer in our Palm Bay location to provide training and instruction to adults with disabilities in the areas of production work including community inclusion, job training, vocational skill acquisition, daily living skills, life-enrichment activities and other skills needed to develop independence, work and self-advocacy skills. Program participants perform various service contracts, which enable them to develop natural supports and perform valued social roles. The Activities Trainer will ensure that program participants' vocational goals are attained, reported and tracked in accordance with their individual program plans.
What you'll be doing:
- Interacting and developing positive and professional relationships with program participants, their families, and community members on a daily basis
- Providing constant supervision, engagement and support to program participants
- Facilitating skill development programs for assigned participants including required instruction, assistance, prompting and documentation
- Ensuring processes and timelines are met in relation to vocational skill training, including, but not limited to, assisting in contract work, performing quality assurance for contract work, loading and unloading of contract work
- Completing required data collection/documentation accurately and timely
- Operating company vehicles in order to transport program participants as scheduled
- Facilitating a safe working environment by performing routine housekeeping duties, reporting potential hazards and consistently maintaining assigned facility/area in a safe and clean manner
- Implementing personal care, meal, medication administration and behavior service protocols as outlined by the program and providing care for program participants, including activities of daily living (personal hygiene needs, toileting, mealtime assistance and repositioning)
What we value:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with at least two years of experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program or experience in job placement, job coaching, counseling, or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience as described above will be considered
- Ability to meet our approved driver qualifications in order to drive our vehicles, or in some cases your personal vehicle, as required to drive for program related business
- An energetic creative and professional individual who will portray and promote a positive, respectful, and team-based environment
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet the needs of the program
Easterseals Florida is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Easterseals Florida is a Drug Free Workplace.