Pre-employment Transition Services
9035 South 700 East, Sandy, UT
(serving Salt Lake, Utah and Washington counties)
Pre-employment transition services are offered in Easter Seals-Goodwill’s Peer Connections® - Discovery program. They are a set of specific services designed to prepare individuals with disabilities, ages 14 to 21, for higher education, employment, and transition to their desired level of independence.
Peer Connections® - Discovery provides opportunities for youth and young adults to explore a variety of experiences that will guide future higher education, employment, and independent living decisions
Who Is Eligible?
In order to participate in the Peer Connections® Discovery program individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a student
- Age 14 to 21
- Have a disability as documented by an IEP, 504, or a letter from a medical or psychological professional.
What Will Students Learn?
- Peer Connections® - Discovery focuses on the following essential employment skills:
- Interviewing skills
- Self-reflection and self-evaluation
- Following a work schedule
- Accepting instructions and receiving feedback
- Workplace communication
- Managing stress, frustration and anxiety at work
- Appropriate workplace behavior and etiquette
- Problem-solving independently and as a team
- Vocational assessmentCommunity volunteer experience
- Individual Life Skills coaching
- Discovering Personal Genius™
- Family Team meetings
- Informational interviews with employers
- Independent living skill development
For more information about Pre-employment Transition Services contact: