Assistant Child Development Teacher (Part-Time)
Part-time; posted: Wednesday, Nov 1 2017
Easter Seals DuPage & Fox Valley
Send resume to:
Download Posting: childdevelopmentteacherassistant-doc.pdf
To assist and support the classroom teacher and therapy staff in program implementation. Provide day to day care and supervision of enrolled children.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and supervision of daily classroom activities
- Assist with organizing the learning environment, setting up learning centers, and preparing materials and supplies. Supervise, interact and engage children in a group setting with up to 18 children in the classroom and on the playground.
- Supervise the classroom in the absence of the teachers
- Perform general classroom housekeeping duties, including: preparing snacks and lunch, feeding children, pottying and diapering children, sweeping, mopping and general clean up, laundry etc.
- Work under the guidance of the teacher and therapists and assist in developmental activities
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized classroom
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment in the classroom with primary importance on the safety and well- being of each child
- Exercise appropriate and positive discipline procedures as established by Center policy
- Attend and be a part of in-service sessions, classroom meetings and staff meetings
- Become knowledgeable about the individual needs and well-being of each child in the classroom
- Maintain open communication with the parents and all other family members
- Know and follow DCFS licensing standards
- Become familiar with and adhere to the philosophies and policies of the center
- Be willing to learn and be instructed in the skills required for working in a special education, early childhood, or infant development program
- Develop a cooperative and supportive attitude as a team member.
- Provide services consistent with established Easter Seals DuPage and the Fox Valley Region Mission, Values, and Philosophy.
- Maintain client confidentiality and respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Adhere to Easter Seals DuPage and the Fox Valley Region Code of Ethics. Comply with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Participates in other activities that support department and Center projects and goals as requested.
More responsibilities in PDF document
- High school graduate or the equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. up to 20 times per day
- Must relate well to children and families
- As required by DCFS, all employees must possess the following qualities:
- Emotional maturity when working with children and their families
- Cooperation with purpose and services of the program
- Respect for children and adults
- Compassion, understanding and patience
- Physical and mental health that do not interfere with job description
- Good personal hygiene
- Sensitivity to children’s socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, and individual needs and abilities
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with children with special needs
- CCP or CDA certification, equivalent college credits, or other state credential as an approved child care provider
- 15 credits in early childhood education or child development, and participation in a professional development program
- One year of experience working with young children