Bringing Emotions and Excitement to Social Skills (BEESS)
Bringing Emotions and Excitement to Social Skills (B.E.E.S.S.) Club promotes social skill development while expanding relationships with peers. This program provides an opportunity for children to engage in fun activities while focusing on social and emotional development. Social and emotional development is a key component of establishing/maintaining friendships and academic success. This program is led by Speech and Language Pathologists who emphasize learning how to engage and participate in play with peers.
**Current dates, times and locations are in the link!**
Who Should Participate?
Children ages 5-8 years old who meet the following criteria:
- A desire and/or the motivation to make friends.
- Are able to maintain a one-on-one conversation with adults and peers and do not rely on scripted language.
- Are able to sit and attend to a group activity including a structured lesson, a story, and a review.
- Are able to follow directions within a group setting.
- Have an understanding of a variety of basic emotions on themselves and others.
- Recognize emotions, body language, and appropriate personal space.
- Learn how word choices communicate feelings and respect.
- Learn problem solving strategies when faced with an obstacle.
- Learn strategies to initiate friendships with peers.
- Learn strategies to advance from parallel play to cooperative play with peers.
- Practice these skills with peers.
How do I Get Started?
Getting started is easy! Contact our Intake Coordinator at 630.282.2026 to ask questions or schedule an appointment.