Colorado Respite Coalition
What is the Colorado Respite Coalition?
The Colorado Respite Coalition (CRC) is an allied group of families and community partners who have joined together to strengthen and preserve Colorado families who are caring for individuals with special needs. The CRC works to improve the lives of Colorado families by supporting current respite care options and facilitating the development of new, safe and affordable respite care choices.
How can the CRC help you?
- Our online Respite Locator connects caregivers with respite providers. Search by key word or zip code to find local respite options. The Locator currently has over 650 providers and is growing daily.
- Our website (coloradorespitecoalition.org) offers resources for caregivers and their loved ones including how to find a provider, financial information and more.
- We offer some financial assistance for respite through our family respite voucher program. We also provide grant opportunities for agencies who provide respite services.
- We sponsor trainings throughout the year and across the state for caregivers and providers.
- Want to get involved in your region? There are regional respite coalitions across the state that meet quarterly to share resources, determine respite needs, and develop solutions.
What are the CRC’s goals and activities?
- Identify and coordinate existing respite resources
- Establish a lifespan respite program infrastructure
- Work with regional respite coalitions to strengthen respite resources statewide
- Increase the availability of respite providers by offering trainings for professionals, caregivers and volunteers
- Increase awareness about respite services
- Offer competitive grants to eligible respite providers across Colorado
Who partners with the CRC?
- Easterseals Colorado
- Colorado Department of Human Services, State Unit on Aging
- Chronic Care Collaborative (group of 31 chronic disease organizations)
- More than 120 member organizations providing respite services across Colorado
Upcoming Events (click links below for more information):
Want to learn more?
We invite you to join the Colorado Respite Coalition today!
- Visit our website to join our mailing list for respite news.
- Add us on social media to stay in the know: Facebook and Twitter.
- Are you a respite provider? Register your agency on our Respite Locator to share your services with Colorado families.
- Attend quarterly Colorado Respite Coalition meetings in Denver in person or by phone to network and learn about our current respite efforts.
Questions, comments or suggestions?
Please contact: Meghan Kluth, Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.233.1666 x 257.
Navigating Respite Care in Colorado