Colorado Respite Coalition
What is the Colorado Respite Coalition?
The Colorado Respite Coalition (CRC) is an allied group of families and community partners who have joined together to strengthen and preserve Colorado families who are caring for individuals with special needs. The CRC works to improve the lives of Colorado families by supporting current respite care options and facilitating the development of new, safe and affordable respite care choices.
What are the CRC’s goals and activities?
- Identify and coordinate existing respite resources
- Establish a lifespan respite program infrastructure
- Work with regional respite coalitions to strengthen respite resources statewide
- Increase the availability of respite providers by offering trainings for professionals, caregivers and volunteers
- Increase awareness about respite services
- Offer competitive grants to eligible respite providers across Colorado
Who partners with the CRC?
- Easter Seals Colorado
- Colorado Department of Human Services, State Unit on Aging
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Chronic Care Collaborative (group of 31 chronic disease organizations)
- Over 120 member organizations providing respite services across Colorado
How can the CRC help you?
- Our online Respite Locator connects caregivers with respite providers. The Locator currently has over 400 providers and is growing daily.
- Our website (coloradorespitecoalition.org) offers resources for caregivers and their loved ones including how to find a provider, financial information and more.
- We sponsor trainings throughout the year and across the state for caregivers and providers. Please visit our website or contact us for more information.
- Want to get involved in your region? There are regional respite coalitions across the state. Please see our website to learn more about statewide and local efforts.
Want to learn more?
We invite you to join the Colorado Respite Coalition today.
- Please visit www.coloradorespitecoalition.org to join our mailing list for respite news.
- Are you a respite provider? Please register on our Respite Locator at www.coloradorespitecoalition.org to share your services with Colorado families.
- Please attend our quarterly Colorado Respite Coalition meetings in Denver in person or by phone to network and learn about our current respite efforts.
Questions, comments or suggestions? Please contact: Meghan Kluth, Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.233.1666 x 257.