Our organization has seen the need for Social Security Administration (SSA) disability application assistance throughout the State of Colorado, but we know that individuals all over the U.S. struggle with completing these applications. These webinars are designed to help families better understand the SSA’s federal disability programs and navigate the disability application process anywhere in the U.S. We have chosen 6 topics that are relevant to most individuals and families. You can find a brief description of each topic on the next page.
Individuals applying for SSI/SSDI, families of individuals with disabilities, clinicians, case managers, advocates, and staff who provide direct services to individuals who are in need of accessing SSI/SSDI disability benefits.
For individuals, $20 per webinar or $100 for all 6 webinars. We also offer group pricing if an organization would like to make this available to a group of clients and/or their staff. Please contact Byron Kish at email@example.com for more information.
Please complete this registration form with payment by check, credit card, or money order. Credit card orders can also be submitted online. To pay online, click links to register below next to each webinar.
*PLEASE NOTE: Even though a webinar date has passed, you may still register to receive a webinar recording by contacting Byron Kish at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Learn the basic definition of SSA disability and its interaction with work
• Learn the similarities and differences between Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
• Learn the application process: how & where to apply, and the application time frame
• Learn how the Social Security Administration (SSA) uses the SSA 3368 Adult Disability Report to develop your case and what information you should include in this document
• Learn the importance of the SSA 827 Authorization to Disclose Information to the SSA
• Learn the importance of the SSA 1696 Appointment of Representative form
• Learn the medical criteria for determining disability
• Examines the SSA’s definition of disability and the five-step determination process
• Emphasis on methods to develop a stronger disability case
• Provides information on how to fill out the SSA’s Work History Report
• Learn important tips in filling out this report
• Discusses the importance of the Adult Function Report and how to successfully fill it out
• Highlights concepts particularly important to this form
• An instructional guide for future reference will be provided
• Contrasts & overviews childhood disability (SSI) and adult disability (SSI/SSDI)
• Discusses how the SSA’s age 18 redetermination process
• Discusses the potential role an individual assisting a child or family can play
Byron J. Kish, Esq., DBS Trainer, Advocate, & State SOAR Lead for Colorado
Byron is an attorney with over 6 years of experience in the disability field. From August 2010 to January 2013, he worked as an Attorney Adviser for the SSA reviewing Administrative Law Judge decisions for legal sufficiency and assisting in fraud investigations. In June 2013, he began working for Colorado DBS. At DBS, he has worked 3 years as a SOAR Certified advocate, 2 years as the supervising trainer, 1 year as the supervisor for the Cooperative Agreement to Benefit Homeless Individuals (CABHI) grant, and 9 months as the Interim Operations Manager for Colorado DBS. Recently, Colorado DBS has merged its programs into Easterseals Colorado, and Byron works as the DBS Trainer, BHI Disability Advocate, and as the State SOAR Lead for Colorado. His diverse background will help you see how the SSA reviews an application, how to advocate for yourself or others, and how to avoid the common mistakes made by many claimants and advocates.
Please contact Byron Kish at (303) 515-1653 or email email@example.com
Please visit this website: http://coloradodbs.org/