Rocky Mountain Village Camp Program Staff
- Head Wrangler and Assistant Wrangler
- Arts and Crafts
- Music and Drama
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Zip-Line/Wall Climb
The Program Staff provides leadership for camp activities and maintains a safe and healthy site as well as assisting in camper care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan and implement daily activities in assigned program areas.
- Work with other instructors to plan and implement whole-camp evening programs or afternoon activities.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special programs.
- Adapt activities to meet the specific needs of individual campers.
- Assist assigned cabin groups with cabin living including camper supervision, camper care, cabin activities and housekeeping. Camper care includes but is not limited to: meals, toileting, showering, personal hygiene and transfers.
- Responsible for the health and safety conditions of campers and fellow staff members.
- Report all injuries and illnesses immediately to Camp Nurse.
- Attend cabin and all staff meetings.
- Complete written reports as required.
- An ability to work with children and adults with disabilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (21 for lifeguard position)
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead activities for both small and large groups.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid by the time camp starts.
- Currently certified or ability to gain certification as a lifeguard prior to camp.
- Physical strength to lift adult campers with the assistance of another staff member.
- Physical strength to push adult campers in wheelchairs up and down hills safely.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, twisting, reaching overhead, walking on wet surfaces, long hours standing, and working in extreme temperatures.
Must have a sense of humor, patience and a cheerful disposition. Must possess an interest in serving people with disabilities and enjoy camping activities.