Timber Pointe Outdoor Center is accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA). All programs are available to individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. We work to provide a quality camping experience, and are proud of our ACA Accreditation.
- Accreditation is distinction. Only one in every four camps seeks and earns it. To earn accreditation, our camp complies with up to 300 health, safety, and program quality standards. We have reviewed every facet of our operation.
- Accreditation pre-sorts your camp options. It identifies those programs which offer a solid foundation of health, safety, and program quality.
- This accreditation is solid proof of our professional integrity and commitment to risk management. To earn it we have adopted a disciplined management style involving critical thinking. We regularly ask ourselves: What might go wrong? What preventative procedures might we put in place? What training is required? Should we re-do procedural guidelines in this area?
- Accreditation isn’t easy and it isn’t cheap. We invest in accreditation because the children we serve deserve our best. It’s a behind the scenes risk-management process that assures us we are prepared for the uncertainties so we can concentrate on the children.
- It isn’t just camp directors who put together these standards. The ACA standards program is the result of collaboration and review by experts from many fields: child development, aquatics, risk management, and health care professionals to name a few.
- The camp experience is a vibrant, live-action event. While a “good housekeeping” packaged product guarantee can’t apply, accreditation does guarantee our camp is established on a solid foundation of healthy and safety standards developed specifically for camps and trusted by parents for 50 years.
American Camping Association (ACA)