Security Guard - On Call
Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
Send resume to:
The primary responsibility of the Security Guard is to ensure the safety and security of the facility, employees and program participants.
- Screen each person seeking entry to the facility utilizing camera, voice and/or buzzer system.
- Ensure that visitors and program participants sign in and out according to program procedures.
- Escort Central Office visitors to the elevators.
- Direct school guests, visitors and parents/guardians to the school reception.
- Ensure that all visitors check in with the appropriate staff person.
- Consult with program manager and/or other designated program staff as needed according to program procedures.
- Ensure that all entry/exit doors remain locked at all times.
- Patrol playground and grounds at designated times and as needed; inform unauthorized individuals to leave the premises.
- Secures the parking lot during high traffic times with “no enter” cones
- Routes packages and mail from vendors to School Reception or calls Central Office Reception to retrieve mail and packages from security desk.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous security experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with people, including those of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.