Rockford Academy/Licensed Substitute Teacher
Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
The primary responsibility of the substitute teacher is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of each student. The substitute teacher is accountable for supporting the classroom teacher in all aspects of classroom programming. This position includes the possibility of frequent changes in student and/or classroom assignments.
- Adhere to all mandated reporter and OIG guidelines at all times.
- Follow through with activities, materials, and prompting hierarchies in the classroom and community in alignment with the assigned student’s IEP throughout the entire school day.
- Read and demonstrate knowledge of assigned student’s IEP using sub binders located in each classroom.
- Collect daily data for assigned student as determined by the classroom teacher and submit to classroom teacher at end of shift.
- Follow through with teacher/clinical /administrative recommendations regarding all aspects of student curriculum and programming.
- As determined by the classroom teacher, maintain consistent communication with the student’s family/guardians.
- Participate in all scheduled in-house trainings throughout the school year.
- All other duties as assigned.
- State Approved Substitute Teacher/Paraprofessional Certification.
- Ability to perform all functions necessary to obtain certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
- Experience working with special needs population necessary.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.