Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
Send resume to:
615 South 5th Street
Rockford , Illinois 61104
The primary responsibility of the paraprofessional is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of each student. The paraprofessional is accountable for supporting the classroom teacher in all aspects of classroom programming. This position includes the possibility of frequent changes in student and/or classroom assignments.
- Adhere to all mandated reporter and OIG guidelines at all times.
- Participate in ongoing trainings including all in-house trainings, relevant team trainings, and additional trainings, as assigned.
- Read and demonstrate knowledge of assigned student’s IEP.
- Follow through with activities, materials, and prompting hierarchies in the classroom and community settings in alignment with the assigned student’s IEP throughout the entire school day.
- Collect daily data for assigned student as determined by the classroom teacher
- As determined by the classroom teacher, maintain consistent communication with the student’s family/guardians.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and collaboration, including maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity of students at all times.
- Interpret behavior as communication and use data-based behavioral systems to address student needs.
- Work with students in a positive manner while following best practices and teacher/clinician/administrator programming recommendations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- State Approved Paraprofessional License
- Ability to perform all functions necessary to obtain certification in agency required crisis prevention and intervention training, and CPR
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Adherence to all Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago policies
ADA: Easter Seals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary , i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.