Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
Send resume to:
Provides consultative services to address the health needs of pregnant women, children, and families enrolled in the Head Start and Early Head Start program, in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Provide consultative services to management staff, including assisting with development and review of health policies and procedures.
- Interpret federal, state, and local health regulations and standards.
- Provide training for HS/EHS staff and site staff.
- Provide parent workshops on health and prenatal topics.
- With home based partner staff, conduct a home visit within two weeks postnatal after each pregnant woman gives birth; complete well-being assessment on mother and infant.
- Consult with parents, site staff, and HS/EHS staff regarding individual child health-related concerns.
- Serve on the Health Services Advisory Committee and assist with facilitation.
- Attend meetings and trainings.
- Produce reports.
- Travel to Easterseals locations, partner sites, and homes as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1 year experience in pediatric, women’s health, or public health nursing.
- Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Auto insurance
- Reliable vehicle
- Able to work well with all levels of the organization, partner sites, other agencies and funding source personnel.
- Demonstrates the ability to conceptualize and articulate program outcomes.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Well organized, highly detail oriented and accuracy driven.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.