Health Aide- Head Start
Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
Send resume to:
Oak Park, Illinois
Under general supervision will assist Health Coordinator or Program Manager with health related duties.
- Assist Family and Health Advocates with maintaining health schedules and health information for individual student health records.
- Follow-up on health care referrals by health care providers and assist families in accessing needed services.
- Update health screenings into COPA.
- Discreetly handles (while adhering to confidentiality standards regarding children’s records) sensitive information pertaining to children and families.
- Input all hearing and vision screening results along with a case note for each child’s result.
- Assist with Hearing and Vision at Partner sites.
- Assist Family and Health Advocate with heights and weights.
- Send out letters to parents regarding their height and weight result and input case note into COPA.
- Assist with monthly letters to families regarding missing health screenings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Auto insurance.
- Reliable vehicle.
- Establish and maintain files, records, reports and referrals.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan, organize work and manage time.
- Maintain records and assist in preparing reports.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Ability to follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform duties such as filing and simple health records.
- Complete assigned work without immediate supervision.
- Computer proficient.
- CPR and First Aide techniques.
- Health & Safety regulations.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.