Adult Services Developmental Trainer
Easterseals Serving Chicagoland & Rockford
Send resume to:
Tinley Park, Illinois
The Developmental Trainer provides direct support to clients and implements daily client activities in the Easterseals Adult Program.This is an adult program position with M-F daytime hours only.
- Implements dynamic, person-centered client programming across multiple domains, including but not limited to independent living skills, social/emotional development, communication, problem-solving, vocational development, and safety.
- Assists in planning for and directly implements ongoing community-based activities for all clients, in accordance with individual client goals and preferences.
- Implements client goals and support programs developed by the Program Coordinator throughout the year.
- Assists in seeking employment opportunities for clients and providing job supports in multiple environments.
- Ensures timely completion of all client paperwork, including documentation of data on all goals and support programs developed by the Program Coordinator throughout the year.
- Assist and support clients’ independence in preparation of meals and snacks as needed throughout the year.
- Ensures transportation services for clients are effectively delivered throughout the year.
- Fosters a culture of teamwork and open communication.
- Ensures adherence to all mandated reporter and OIG guidelines at all times.
- Ensures maintenance of all client files according to DHS guidelines.
- Implements positive and proactive behavior management techniques and interventions as identified in clients’ behavior intervention plans.
- Reinforces positive replacement behaviors in accordance with clients’ behavior intervention plans to assist with development of positive social skills.
- Prevents inappropriate reinforcement of maladaptive behaviors by using clients’ current behavior intervention plan to teach others who may be unfamiliar.
- Provides assistance and promotes independence with clients’ daily hygiene and personal care needs.
- Collaborates with the Program Coordinator and administration regarding clients’ programming needs and concerns on a daily basis.
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and safe work environment consistently throughout the year.
- Participates in all in-house trainings, schedule permitting.
- Participates in all required on and off-site training upon hire and throughout each year.
- Participates in 30-day and annual IPP meetings for assigned clients schedule permitting throughout the year.
- Maintains daily client attendance records for billing purposes for the adult autism program.
- Maintains professional communication with clients’ parents/guardians as needed.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and daily debriefings.
- Notifies Program Coordinator/Program Manager when absent from work in accordance with program policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- DSP certified.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with individuals with development disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Auto insurance.
- Reliable vehicle.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Ability to participate in and meet all Department of Human Services training requirements
- CPR Certification.
- Ability to perform all functions necessary to obtain agency required crisis prevention and intervention certification.
ADA: Easterseals will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Unless exempted by the Americans with Disabilities Act, all persons hired for this position are required to possess the ability to perform the physical tasks necessary to treat clients, i.e., bending, floor-sitting, etc., as well as to have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.