Illinois Autism Partnership - Training Package
The Focus Family Support Model provides person-centered futures planning, development of and support for teams of families and individuals caring for and working with children with a disability and training for a period of 6 to 12 months.
The model is available to families through an inquiry process through school districts.
Phase I: Orientation and Person-Centered Planning
- IAP is contracted through school districts
- A Family Community Partner contacts the family to set up orientation meeting
- Districts/schools are encouraged to identify a team of two or more to attend. It is recommended that at least one team member be a district representative who can assist the district with future planning and problem-solving.
For more information to best fit your districts needs: learn more
Phase II: Team Building and Plan Development
- The facilitator andfFamily community partner, along with the family, will contact persons identified by the family who will become part of the larger team
- Individuals important to the family and the child will meet to develop a structured plan of action for the team inclduing goals, activities to be completed, who is responsible for a particular activity and due dates
- The team decides if members need specific training to assist the family in reaching their goals. ensuring all participants agree on a direction and that action steps toward the family goals are being taken
Phase III: Support Plan Implementation
- Training will be based upon plans developed by the team during Phase II
- Approximately three 2 hour trainings and team meetings are held supporting the action plan implementation
- Continued assistance and support is provided
- Follow-up continues for one month following the end of Phase III
- Team members may call IAP to access other resources or to obtain phone consultation.
- Team may also decide to continue with extended training and/or support expansion
For more information or to develop an individualized package to meet your district’s needs, please contact Sarah Smith at 312.491.4116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Training Package brochure for Illinois Autism Partnership