Illinois Autism Partnership offers on-site coaching to schools and districts, which includes assessment, goal development, problem solving and technical assistance. Easterseals offers additional targeted training as determined by needs and priorities of districts and schools, which builds capacity for fidelity and sustainability.
· Available to districts that have previously participated in an experiential, week-long practicum.
· A coach is assigned to the district or school to support implementation of practicum content post-training.
· The district/school must identify a local, internal coach, usually an autism consultant or district leader.
· The district/school must identify a team to work with both the internal and external coaches. The team should include a parent and a district administrator.
· A phone call or email consult may be conducted prior to the onsite visit.
· With guidance and the use of a self-assessment and planning tools, the team evaluates the program quality and develops a plan that includes multiple opportunities for coaching, technical assistance, focused problem-solving meetings, and additional training on evidence-based practices.
· Guided by the external and internal coaches, the team prioritizes areas to target for improvement, identifies outcomes, and organizes activities to accomplish these goals.
· Training is provided to parents of students with autism spectrum disorders to support consistency of strategies across settings and encourage home/school partnership.
For more information or to develop an individualized package to meet your district’s needs, please contact Kathy Gould at 312.491.4116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.