Easterseals Academy Machesney Park
Easterseals Academy just purchased a new campus at 8301 Mitchell Road in Machesney Park!
- Easterseals Academy empowers each student to achieve peak academic performance, increase social and vocational skills, develop an effective means of communication and foster the acquisition of functional life skills for independence in the community.
- 41 local area school districts contract with Easterseals Academy in Machesney Park to assist in providing year-round educational programs for children with an autism spectrum disorder, emotional disability, developmental delay or intellectual disability.
- Related services available include speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, nursing and social work. Art class, music therapy, vocational training, adapted physical education and behavioral consultation may also be offered.
- Easterseals is meeting the increasing demand for services, growing from 34 students to 90 in five years. We will have the capacity to serve up to 120 students with the addition of three new classrooms at the new campus.
- Currently employs 107 local employees. After the expansion of our new campus, we anticipate hiring another 30 employees.
The New Campus
- 19-acre campus with lots of green space
- full sized gym, locker rooms with showers, stage with sound and lighting for performances
- direct playground access from classrooms for elementary-aged students
- additional vocational areas: separate student kitchen, laundry space, coffee shop and Easterseals’ micro-enterprise business HarrysButtons
- conveniently located near multiple vocational job training sites
- anticipate a reduction in travel times due to convenient location, just minutes off I-90
Rockford Advisory Board
- Gary Kaatz, retired, former President & CEO, Rockford Health System*
- Guy Bucciferro, Owner/Operator, McDonald’s*
- Mary Beth Clausen, Director of Client Relations at The Morrissey Family Businesses*
- Troy Flynn, General Manager/Executive Director, SMG
- John J. Morrissey, CPA, Principal, The Morrissey Family Businesses
- Mike Wayman, retired, former Plant Manager, Kennametal
* Denotes Advisory Board member is also a member of Easterseals’ Board of Directors
We are HIRING!
Click here to learn more about about our upcoming job fair on July 28th
Learn more about Easterseals Academy
CARF accreditation is official recognition that our organization is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices.