We provide high quality evaluation and treatment services for children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities using methods and practices supported by the strongest scientific evidence, and we conduct on-going research on training and treatment effectiveness at changing socially significant behaviors for the children and families.
Child and Adolescent Evaluation Services:
- Full, team-based diagnostic evaluations
- Ongoing assessments for children and adolescents who may have autism and/or other developmental disabilities
- Functional Behavior Assessments and treatment plans for children and adolescents who have severe behavior problems
- Behavioral assessments of language and development (ABLLS and VB-MAPP)
Child and Adolescent Treatment Services:
- Home-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children with autism
- School consultation for children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities, including helping districts create and sustain internal capabilities for implementing ABA programs for elementary through high school
- Parent training in concepts and interventions based on principles of behavior to enable parents to follow through on behavior plans and achieve maximum progress.
- Family support programs that include:
- How to access insurance-based and DDS-based ABA services for children and adolescents with autism
- What a good ABA program looks like at school and home
- How to evaluate treatments based on the best scientific evidence
- How to evaluate progress using data and make data-based decisions
- How to address the life changes and the changing needs for children and their families over time.
For more information about other Easterseals Services please contact our Director, Tanya Wachsmuth, at email@example.com or via phone at (203) 388-2192.