Maintenance Staff - Winfield/Arkansas City, KS
Full-time; posted: Wednesday, Sep 12 2018
Easterseals Capper Foundation
Send resume to:
1500 E. 8th Ave., Ste. 201
Winfield, Kansas 67156
To apply online for this position, visit our ADP Workforce Now portal.
Download Posting: maintenance-staff-escf.pdf
The primary function of the Maintenance Staff is to ensure that all Easterseals Capper Foundation sites are in good repair and exemplify the organization in a positive manner to special constituents and the general public by performing a variety of interior and exterior maintenance, routine painting, and minor repair tasks.
- Ensures that program areas are in compliance with the safety and sanitation standards of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment by performing tasks according to checklists/schedules and as needed.
- General duties are: general maintenance, drywall installation, repair and texturing, internal/exterior painting, window repair, plumbing and electrical work, appliance repair, floor maintenance/repair, ceramic tile covering and other bathroom fixture repair/replacement, minor carpentry, exterior maintenance, and landscaping to include cutting tree limbs/bushes, and mowing lawns.
- Ensures adequate supplies/equipment for work completion by organizing and maintaining janitorial supplies and equipment, placing routine orders for supplies, and advising the supervisor of the need for specialized supplies/equipment, major repairs, and additions to equipment, etc.
- Assists the maintenance team and various support staff with special projects (moving heavy furniture and other office contents; routine assembly of furniture/equipment; minor remodeling of interior spaces; routine interior and exterior maintenance and light repairs; routine painting, etc.).
- Perform home inspections as necessary according to state licensure guidelines.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and inspections according to KDOT guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- General knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, auto, yard workd, painting, general repair and maintenance, and generator use.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks independently.
- Must be able to pass background checks per agency procedures.
Please see the attached document for the complete job description.