Facilities Manager - South Central Kansas
Full-time; posted: Wednesday, Sep 12 2018
Easterseals Capper Foundation
Send resume to:
1500 E. 8th Ave., Ste. 201
Winfield, Kansas 67156
To apply online for this position, visit our ADP Workforce Now portal.
Download Posting: facilities-manager-escf.pdf
The Facilities Manager impacts the facility maintenance and appearance; as well as the safety and security of the organization’s assets, staff and visitors. Oversee all maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, vehicles, equipment and machinery. Directly responsible for the safety programs of the organization and compliance with applicable regulations. Directly responsible for ensuring compliance with HUD and KDOT regulations.
- Oversee appropriate staffing to support facility access during normal operating hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Provide on-call support outside these hours.
- Operate and maintain the mechanical, electrical and communication systems assuring proper functioning and planned preventive maintenance.
- Direct any construction or maintenance projects to ensure timely, cost-effective and efficient completion. Supervise any outside contractors engaged to provide services.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation and orderliness of the organization. Ensure safety and sanitation regulations are maintained. Maintain pest control program.
- Responsible for coordinating the maintenance and appearance of grounds and care of lawns, trees, shrubbery and flowers.
- Assure all maintenance equipment is maintained in a safe operating condition.
- Maintain a progressive preventative maintenance schedule for agency vehicles.
- Coordinate with security provider regarding building security.
- Monitor exterior lighting systems for adequate security. Make sure that parking lots are safe (i.e. vandalism or snow removal) and that areas being cleaned are well marked (i.e. signs of wet floors).
- Maintain the Hazard Communication Program (HCP) to monitor products and communicate appropriate use.
- Supervise the maintenance personnel. Assist with completing daily work as needed.
- Assist with development of departmental budget and consistently monitor these costs. Maintain and control inventory of supplies, tools and equipment. Negotiate yearly maintenance contracts.
- Make emergency decisions in respect to failure of plant utilities or other delegated responsibilities.
- Facilitates internal and external communication regarding facilities and safety issues.
- Assist as required with insurance, utility and state/local government officials. Keep current on building codes, ADA, OSHA, and other regulatory issues relevant to facilities management.
- Participate in the preparation of strategic and operational plans.
- Participate in weekly management meetings.
- Participate in monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent or vocational/technical training school certificate.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in maintenance, installations, construction and maintenance of equipment, utilities and buildings required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical specifications.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Pass a drug screen and background checks per agency procedures.
- Physical condition to safely lift one hundred (100) pounds, to operate power equipment, and to work at heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding and power lifts.
Please see the attached document for the complete job description.