Behavior Therapy Technician - Topeka, KS
Tuesday, Aug 14 2018
Easterseals Capper Foundation
Send resume to:
3500 SW 10th Ave
Topeka, Kansas 66604
Click here to apply online for this position.
Download Posting: behavior-therapy-technician_august-2018.pdf
The primary function of the Behavior Therapy Technician is to enhance the independence of children with autism in the clinic, home and community environments. This position will assist with acquiring, retaining, improving and generalizing skills in the areas of self-help, socialization, communication, fine and gross motor, cognitive skills, play and adaptive skills with evidence-based interventions and data-driven decisions.
- Implements individualized behavioral treatment plan developed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) for children in the clinic, home and community environments.
- Implements motivational systems as directed by BCBA. Attends to the environment in order to respond to the needs of the child.
- Participates in supervisory sessions with BCBA to evaluate and upgrade behavioral plans for individual children.
- Provides input to the BCBA for assessment and evaluation of child’s performance.
- Maintains appropriate data collection, as well as accurate time sheets and billing records.
- Demonstrates flexibility of working hours and carries out duties assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Sixty (60) college credit hours in human services or education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One thousand (1000) hours experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorders required.
- Certification as a Registered Behavioral Technician preferred.
- Successfully complete, within first six (6) months of employment, the training requirements for a Registered Behavioral Technician.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must possess valid Kansas driver’s license with acceptable driving record and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures.
Please see the attached document above for a complete job description.