Focus of Services
The focus of services may include:
- Improving Communication - direction following, eye contact, language development and conversation.
- Social Interactions - increasing social skills, greetings, problem solving, friendships and hidden social guidelines while decreasing problem behaviors such as non-compliance, tantrums and self injury.
- Adaptive Skills - dressing, feeding, routines, organization skills, self-care, home chores and responsibilities as well as skills for employment and community interactions.
- Reimbursement - treatment will be billed to insurance if covered. Scholarship assistance funds is available for families without insurance coverage.
- Parents - parents will receive guidance and support from the therapists to help strengthen the parent/child relationship. They will learn to understand, evaluate and support the child's learning process. Treatment recommendations, goals and strategies are developed collaboratively with staff and parents ensuring consistency with each family's culture, needs and priorities.
- Training - specific individualized training can occur with parents and other caregivers, school staff and other individuals on a variety of topics.
Our behavioral services are a collaborative effort with training to help a family support the needs of the individual with ASD in the home and community for an improved quality of life.
- ABA learning styles
- Training & Improving Social Skills
- Behavioral Assessment & Planning
- Minimizing Challenging Behaviors
- Using Principles of Reinforcement to achieve goals
- Providing structured activities
- Development & Implementation of a home communication program
- Training and Support for self care skills