Little Rock - Preschool Substitute
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and follows lesson plans and daily schedules as directed by classroom staff
- Prepares materials and instructional aids as directed by lead staff.
- Presents instructional objectives to student or group of students using task analysis.
- Observes and records data to measure and record progress toward objective.
- Assists students with self-help skills to include toileting, grooming, feeding, etc.
- Assists with students on field trips.
- Assists students with appropriate use of adaptive equipment, i.e., communication devices, splints, computer peripherals, etc.
- Positions students in seating, e.g., corner sitter, wheelchair, as inserviced by therapists and ensures proper positioning during classroom activities.
- Supervises free play.
- Leads group games.
- Provides play alternatives to children.
- Participates in play activities and keeps children actively involved.
- Uses appropriate behavior management techniques and procedures.
- Reports problems to supervisor.
- Provides snacks.
- Changes diapers and/or assists with toileting.
- Gathers personal belongings at end of day for each child.
- Assists in putting on coats, caps, etc.
- Puts away toys after use to maintain order.
- Maintains records for day care program.
- May prepare materials for games.