Camp Easterseals UCP
Camp Easterseals UCP is an overnight camp in New Castle, Virginia for children and adults with disabilities. Summer camp, weekend respites and family camps are offered.
Summer Camp Applications available February 2018
The Camp Easterseals UCP Experience - Why go to Camp Easterseals UCP?
- Increased independence: Campers spend 3 to 26 days on their own away from their normal caregivers and lives. While assistance is available through trained staff, independence is encouraged with new activities in a unique and supportive atmostphere.
- Improved self-esteem: Imagine riding a horse for the first time after being told you couldn't do most fun activities that your friends and family enjoy. Not only would it be a wonderful experience but for campers it builds confidence that they can reach other goals that they once thought unreachable.
- Forged friendships and the development of social skills: From campfires to dances to playing sports, campers socialize with other campers and staff. This includes friends and peers to hang out with, along with 'big buddies.' The camp atmosphere allows campers to feel comfortable as a person with a disability and increases their openness.
- Break from the typical 'TV' life for a unique outdoor experience: There has never been a larger disconnect from nature than at the present time. For people with disabilities opportunities to experience nature are few and far between. While at camp, campers gain a appreciation for nature that they wouldn't get anywhere else from canoeing down Craig's Creek to sleeping underneath the starts. Nature is abundant at Camp Easterseals UCP.
- Life changing experience: Many campers, staff, and volunteers have all described their experience at camp as "life changing."
Questions? Learn more about Camp Easterseals UCP with our FAQs
Support Camp Easterseals UCP with a donation of items needed, your time, or financial donation.
Camp Easterseals UCP Photos of Campers - Children & Young Adults
Camp Easterseals UCP Photos of Campers - Adults
"Voices Unlocked", a powerful short film by Jonathan Newport. His brother, Ben, who is autistic, attends Camp Easterseals UCP. Don't miss this video.
Read about the Avril Lavigne Scholarship (2015)
Camp Easterseals UCP900 Camp Easter Seals Rd.New Castle, VA 24127(540) email@example.com