Camping & Recreation
"Camp is a time to be with other kids with the same disabilities as me and not be judged. I can be myself!" - Haley, Camper
The Basics:Camp Easter Seals UCP is an overnight camp for children and adults with disabilities offering weekend respites, summer camps and family camps.
Learn more about our Camp Program:CampersStaffSummer Adventure Camps-North CarolinaCamp Easter Seals UCP - NC & VA Schedule Camp RentalsSupport CampFAQs
2015 Camp Easter Seals UCP Photos
2015 Summer Adventure Camp Photos-New Bern, NC
Map and Directions to Camp Easter Seals UCP (Do not trust GPS)
Meet Camp Director Alex Barge
The Camp Easter Seals UCP Experience - Why go to camp?
- Increased independence: Campers spend 3 to 26 days on their own away from their normal caregivers and lives. While ssistance is available through trained staff, independence is encouraged with new activities in a unique and supportive atmosphere.
- Improved self-esteem: Imagine riding a horse for the first time after being told you couldn't do most fun activities that your friends and family enjoy. Not only would it be a wonderful experience but for campers it builds confidence that they can reach other goals that they once thgouth unreachable.
- Forged friendships and the development of social skills: From campfires to dances to playing sports, campers socialize with other campers and staff. This includes friends and peers to hang out with, along with 'big buddies.' The camp atmosphere allows campers to feel comfortable as a person with a disability and increases their openness.
- Break from the typical 'TV' life for a unique outdoor experience: There has never been a larger disconnect from nature than at the present time. For people with disabilities opportunities to experience nature are few and far between. While at camp, campers gain an appreciation for nature that they wouldn't get anywhere else from canoeing down Craig's Creek to sleeping underneath the stars. Nature is abundant at Camp Easter Seals UCP.
- Life changing experience: Many campers, staff, and volunteers have all described their experience at camp as "life changing."
Our Happy Campers
Where does the magic happen?
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains camp is about 45 minutes outside of Roanoke, Virginia. Most campers know camp is well worth the drive from Richmond Northern Virginia & D.C., Charlotte, Raleigh, and more who are all a four hour drive or less away. Some campers come from Virginia Beach, South Carolina, and further to join us at Camp Easter Seals UCP.
900 Camp Easter Seals Rd.New Castle, VA 24127(540) email@example.com
See the magic! (Thousands of wonderful pictures)Follow us on our Facebook page!